About London Clean and Green
Want to make a difference in your community? Interested in participating in the London Clean & Green campaign? Read below for opportunities to get involved in a community cleanup both at work and in your neighbourhood, plant a tree, adopt a park and beautify the Forest City!
20 Minute London Makeover
This year, the 20 Minute London Makeover will take place on Friday April 21st. Dozens of London businesses, institutions and schools will get involved in cleaning up their property and nearby shared spaces. This initiative is an excellent way to show community spirit and environmental stewardship.
Last year, so many of you sent in your photos - we thank you for that. Let's keep up the spirited competition this year.
What do I do?
Organize your colleagues to be available on Friday April 21st, at 2 pm (or whatever time makes sense for you). Grab a garbage bag and get out in your business or office neighbourhood and pick up litter for about 20 minutes. Assemble your colleagues for a photo or two and send them in to cleangreen[at]london[dot]ca or post them to our Facebook page on Friday April 21st for a chance to win a pizza lunch from Joe Kool's for you and your team. It's that easy - just ask Hassan Law and London InterCommunity Health Centre, who were the winners of the 2016 Joe Kool's pizza lunch.
London Clean & Green
The London Clean & Green is the city-wide community cleanup day to spruce up the Forest City for the spring season, on Saturday April 22nd, 2017 - Earth Day! But you can participate at any time of the year.
What do I do?
Browse our map to see where other residents will be out cleaning up. Plan to join them or target your own neighbourhood park, public space or roadside. Grab a couple friends, family members, some gloves and a garbage bag and get out in your neighbourhood. If you will need the bagged litter picked up by Crews, please indicate where you will place it by registering your location in advance on this website. If you need garbage bags and disposable gloves, please visit City Hall, 8th floor (8:30am - 4:30pm) anytime after April 10th.
London Clean & Green - Background Information
London Clean & Green originated in 1996 as a single day event aimed at gathering volunteers to clean up the garbage and graffiti in London's downtown core. Over the years the event grew to include more and more volunteers, to cover a larger area, and involve a variety of organizations. London Clean & Green helps to coordinate the work of various organizations in cleaning up London parks, roadways, business sites, schoolyards, and the Thames River during the spring period.
London Clean & Green welcomes and appreciates the effort that any individual or organization would like to give to improve or preserve the environmental wellbeing of our community.
20 Minute London Makeover Pizza Lunch Contest Rules & Regulations
1. Your business must be in London, Ontario, Canada.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. If your business wins, you will be contacted by Joe Kool's to discuss how the Pizza Lunch will occur; either on-site at Joe Kool's (595 Richmond St, London, ON) over the lunch period or delivered to your work place (location must be in the City of London). Approximate value of pizza lunch and non-alcoholic beverages is $100.
4. By submitting your photo, we may use your picture and your business name to publicly promote your actions or to promote London Clean & Green or its affiliated events in the future.
5. You may receive other London Clean & Green or event related e-mail promotion in the future. You will always have an option to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
6. You agree to hold Facebook Inc. and all the partners, supporters and sponsors of the London Clean & Green program and all officers, employers, agents, contractors and affiliates, harmless from any loss, damage or liability relating to this contest or its Facebook page.
7. You acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.